The Ram Art Competition
CALLING ALL ARTISTS!! WANT TO EXHIBIT IN BLOODSTOCK’S 2021 ROCK AND METAL (RAM) GALLERY?!
BLOODSTOCK’s RAM Gallery is a unique highlight of the BOA festival experience, where festival founder Paul Gregory showcases selections from his remarkable body of work as a fantasy fine artist. Every year, Paul also curates a selection from other heavy-metal-friendly creatives, both established and new, who’ve caught his eye across the previous 12 months.
In 2021, Paul wants to give a chance to artistic newcomers to win the opportunity to hang a piece of their work alongside his own and other renowned creatives in the on-site RAM Gallery, so he’s devised an art competition. To enter you need to design and create your own piece of artwork, based around and inspired by one of the bands performing at BLOODSTOCK 2021. Paul will jointly judge the competition alongside friend and fellow artist, Mark Wilkinson (illustrator of album sleeves for Marillion, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Darkness) and the winner will have their work professionally framed, lit and hung in the RAM Gallery on site next August. In addition to this honour, the winner will bag a pair of weekend festival tickets, a personal tour of the RAM Gallery on-site with Paul Gregory, and the potential to watch 3 songs from the side of the stage of the band they’ve chosen to create their artwork for.
Paul tells us: “It’s time to get your creative imaginations into overdrive and bring the art and music together in the Rock and Metal gallery. This is what the Ram, Rock and Metal Museum champions. Myself and Mark look forward to seeing your work. Horns high. See you all soon.” To enter, you need to submit a hi-res image of your artwork, as well as a photo of yourself either holding or (if it’s big) standing next to your artwork. Please keep image sizes below 2MB each. A shortlist of finalists will be announced mid-February, before the final winner and two runners-up (who’ll both win a pair of weekend tickets and a personal tour of the RAM Gallery with Paul Gregory) are announced on 28th Feb. Remit for the artists/illustrators:
- Be original - don’t copy the style of the band’s previous album art.
- Choose the title of a song on any album the band has in their catalogue and theme the artwork to the song title.
- You can use any medium; acrylics, pastel, oil on canvas, watercolour, drawing, digitally-created, etc.
- Submit the lyrics of the song alongside your artwork.
- Deadline for submissions is 11.59pm, 31st Jan 2021, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Winners will be contacted directly and also announced on Bloodstock’s web platforms on 28th Feb 2021.