BLOODSTOCK 2023 EVENT INFORMATION
DROP OFF & PICK UP LOCATIONThe public pick up and drop off point is situated at the main public car park. Please follow the road signs if you are being dropped off in a taxi, minibus, by friends or family.
We have 2 shuttle buses available for those with disability to use if you are unable to walk the 900 metres from the car park to the site entrance.
SITE MAPThe Bloodstock 2023 site map is available HERE
SEARCHESAll tickets holders will be subject to extra searches of their vehicles, bags and their person at this year’s festival. Please be patient if there are longer queues than normal, and please cooperate with any security requests and searches. Our resident sniffer dogs will be on site again this year.
There will be plenty of trained security staff around the festival site if you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to speak to them.
BAG SEARCHES AT THE ARENA ENTRANCEWe strongly advise you do not bring a bag into the Arena at BLOODSTOCK as there will be longer queues than normal while all bags are searched. If you do need to bring a bag into the arena then try and keep it small and compact, the bigger the bag, the longer the search will take. We also reserve the right to search any size bag at any time, please do bear with us if queues are a little longer than normal.
|DATE||MAIN ENTRANCE /
ACCESSIBLE BOX OFFICE
|PUBLIC CAR PARK TICKET OFFICE||ARENA||CAMPSITE|
|THURSDAY||12:00 - 23:00||12:00 - 23:00||17:00 - 03:00||12 MIDDAY|
|FRIDAY||10:00 - 22:00||08:00 - 22:00||10:00 - 03:00||24 HOURS|
|SATURDAY||10.00 - 20.00||08:00 - 20:00||10:00 - 03:00||24 HOURS|
|SUNDAY||10:00 - 18:00||08:00 - 18:00||10:00 - 03:00||24 HOURS|
|MONDAY||CLOSED||VACATE BY 13:00||CLOSED||VACATE BY 13:00|
DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE 12:00 MIDDAY ON THURSDAY AS YOU WILL BE TURNED AWAY
VIP Guest Box Offices
|DATE||SERPENTS LAIR ‘VIP’ BOX OFFICE||GUEST BOX OFFICE|
|THURSDAY||12:00 - 22:00||12:00 - 20:00|
|FRIDAY||10:00 - 14:00 - then use Main Entrance Box Office||10:00 - 18:00|
|SATURDAY||CLOSED - Use Main Entrance Box Office||10:00 - 18:00|
|SUNDAY||CLOSED - Use Main Entrance Box Office||10:00 - 18:00|
Proof of Age
Lost and Found
Festival Information PointFor any queries or concerns you may have whilst at the festival, go to the main Festival Information point which is based at the Rock Society / Lost Property. Tent. It’s situated directly opposite the Main stage in the arena next to the Bloodstock merchandise stall. The wonderful staff here have worked with Bloodstock as volunteers for many years and as such are very knowledgeable on the festival. They will do their very best to help you. The tent is open from 10:00 – 23:00. Please be polite and remember the staff working here are fans just like you and work very long hours to support the festival.
Food and Drink
CampingThere are 7 standard campsites which are ASGARD, HEL, MIDGARD, VALHALLA, IRONWOOD, RAGNAROK and JOTUNHEIM .
QUIET CAMPSITE – RAGNAROK is the quiet campsite and ideal for families and those wanting to stay clear of the late night revellers. There is a policy of no noise after 12 midnight and anyone who feels the need to cause a disturbance after this time will be immediately ejected from this campsite.There will be designated barbecue areas in each of the main campsites. We only allow the use of disposable BBQ’s, however you are fine to bring camping stoves that use hard fuel such as Hexamine blocks. The BBQ areas will be kept clean and tidy by a dedicated team of people throughout the weekend. Gas appliances of any kind, naked flames, ie candle torches, Fires or fire juggling equipment, paraffin or oil lamps will not be allowed on site.In order to give everyone enough room to camp we will not be allowing gazebo’s or large open spaces among tents as social spaces. Please feel free to camp with your mates but don’t build a village green.
To allow everyone to have enough room to camp comfortably, we calculate each campsite’s capacity on 2 people camping in a 2 man tent. Therefore, do not bring a 6 man tent for 2 people as you may well be asked to take it down
Campsite ShopFat Franks campsite shop situated in the Midgard campsite, will be on site again this year to cater for your every camping need, offering everything you could possibly want for a great weekend of camping. You can use our free and easy click & collect service to purchase everything you need before you get to the festival and simply collect on site. No worries about having to fill your car or backpack in advance. Get yourself kitted out for Bloodstock at fatfrankscampingshop.com. We also offer a fantastic airbed inflation service, saving you time and effort bring us your airbed and we will inflate them for £2 each whilst you wait. See you all at Bloodstock & happy camping.Order now to collect your camping equipment on site at http://fatfrankscampingshop.com
Pre-erected tentsFor those who wish to turn up onsite to find their tent set up and ready to move into with airbed and sleeping bag , you can hire these in advance from Tangerine Fields who will be situated in the Asgard campsite. Check-in is open from Thursday midday, to order your pre erected tent and accessories CLICK HERE
Campsite Info Hub4 main campsites have an Information hub. So any questions or concerns you may have in relation to your camping experience, the wonderful volunteers manning these will be happy to help you. There is a accessible toilet situated next to each one purely for those with accessible needs.
Campsite SamaritansThe festival Samaritans are very much a permanent fixture at Bloodstock and situated in the MIDGARD campsite. They are available 24 hours a day should you feel the need to talk to someone.
Camping Chairs In The Arena
ShowersThe showers are situated in MIDGARD campsite and are available to all campers to use from 7am to 7pm Friday, Saturday and Sunday and from 7am to 10am on Monday for a small charge of £4.00. The showers are separate cubicles with plenty of hot water and a mirror in each one. Please note it gets incredibly busy first thing each morning and queues can get quite long but the queues disperse after the early morning rush, so feel free to come back later in the day if you don’t want to queue.
ToiletsPortaloo’s and urinals will be situated in each of the main campsites as well as in the arena. Please don’t block the toilets by putting anything down them other than the obvious. There is an accessible toilet at each toilet block in the arena and 2 accessible toilets situated behind the main stage viewing platform.
Campervan Terms & Conditions
CAMPERVAN BOX OFFICE OPENING TIMES AS FOLLOWS:
THURSDAY: 10:00 – 22:00
FRIDAY: 10:00 – 15:00
VANAHEIM Campervan customers, please make sure you have read the following terms and conditions prior to purchasing your campervan ticket. This is to ensure all customers are adhering to Amust4music’s rules and regulations set for their campervan site.
- These Terms and Conditions between you and Amust4music Ltd are incorporated into and should be read together with the Bloodstock ticket terms and conditions
- If you provide Amust4music Ltd with incorrect, incomplete or false information in relation to the purchase or use of a campervan supplement ticket for Bloodstock (“Campervan Ticket”), Amust4music Ltd reserves the right to cancel your Campervan Ticket.
- Each Campervan Ticket holder will be allocated a pitch measuring 8m by 6m within the Campervan Site (the “Pitch”). N.B. Water and electric hook-ups are not available in the Campervan Site.
- One Campervan Ticket is needed per Pitch, however every occupant staying on the Pitch (whether in a camping vehicle or a tent) must be in possession of a valid weekend camping ticket for Bloodstock.
- Only one camping vehicle will be admitted to the Campervan Site within the Bloodstock festival site per Campervan Ticket. Cars, people carriers and vans are only permitted to stay on your Pitch if they were used to tow a caravan and if both vehicles fit within the Pitch.
- Campervan pitches must be filled with at least one camping vehicle. Pitches may not be used by customers camping in tents only.
- Camping vehicles will only be admitted to the Campervan Site if they are one of the following: a campervan; a motor home; a caravan; a trailer tent; a purpose built vehicle with camping facilities within; This excludes a van with a mattress or bunk bed facility only or any other vehicle deemed to be inappropriate by Amust4music Ltd. The camping vehicle must fit within the Pitch. Cars, people carriers and vans ARE NOT PERMITTED to be slept in.
- If you do not know whether your vehicle is suitable for access to the Campervan Site, please send a picture of your vehicle to email@example.com. We will then contact you to inform you whether or not it is suitable. If we tell you that your vehicle is not suitable you can either bring an alternative suitable vehicle. Amust4music Ltd’s decision as to the suitability of your vehicle is final. It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure their vehicle is suitable and no refunds will be issued for this reason.
- You will be permitted to erect:
- a gazebo or purpose built, fitted awning; AND
- one tent provided that these items fit within your Pitch alongside your camping vehicle. If you are asked by a member of staff to remove any vehicles, tents, awnings or gazebos, you will do so immediately. Customers are only permitted to sleep in their campervan/caravan or tent.
- You shall not bring any gas cylinders into the Campervan Site, except where they are professionally installed within the camping vehicle with appropriate certification. If we find you with any petrol, generators or gas cylinders (other than as permitted within the camping vehicle) you will be ejected from the Bloodstock festival site. Please also see the terms and conditions on your festival tickets and the event website for information on recommended cooking appliances and permitted items.
- The use of large garden type furniture such as Chimineas; Fire pits; large wood burning stoves or any other item that is deemed to pose a risk to the safety of you or other campers is not allowed at any time. We reserve the right to confiscate these items and/or refuse entry to the campervan site.
- All vehicles and belongings must be removed from the site by midday on Monday 14th August 2023. Any items or vehicles left on the Campervan site will be removed and we reserve the right to charge any costs incurred to the customer.
ACCESSIBLE FACILITIES APPLICATION PROCESSWe are not accepting any more Accessible applications for this year. Please do not turn up on the day of the festival and expect access to Accessible camping as all spaces are now fully booked. However, if you require Accessible parking or a Carer ticket or have any other accessible queries about onsite facilities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Accessible site map coming soon
ACCESSIBLE PATRONS PARKING IN THE MAIN PUBLIC CARPARK
ACCESSIBLE CAMPSITE FACILITIES
This year we are also providing a Revoloo in the campsite which is a specially adapted vehicle for those requiring more specialist assistance. These units are all fitted with a lift to allow easy access inside the pod, a height adjustable changing table, toilet with grab rails, motorised hoist, hot water, heat, and plenty of space for users and their carers to move around. This will be open from 10:00 until 23:00. For more information on the Revoloo go to: https://www.revolootion.org.uk/
STANDARD CAMPSITE FACILITIES
CAMPERVANS IN CAMPSITE
FESTIVAL GROUND CONDITIONS
MOBILITY EQUIPMENT HIRE
ACCESSIBLE INFORMATION POINT
ParkingThe main public car park is situated approximately 900 metres from the main entrance to the festival site. Car parking passes can be purchased online through the Bloodstock store right up until the day of the festival , after which they will be available to purchase on the gate at the same price. Weekend parking is £20.00 and day parking is £15. If purchasing your car parking ticket on the gate, make sure you arrive during the car park box office opening times displayed at the top of this page. Please note – the festival cannot be held responsible for damage, loss, or theft to your property whilst on site
LitterThe litter you leave behind is always a huge cost to the festival to clear up. We simply ask that you use the bins provided around the whole festival site. You will be issued with a bin bag when you arrive on site... PLEASE keep your camping area clear of rubbish and use the bin bags provided. There are plenty of bins throughout the campsites and the arena - PLEASE use them. If you require more bin bags over the course of the weekend please ask the staff manning the campsite INFO HUBS who will be happy to provide these.
Medical WelfareParamedic, Medical and Welfare facilities are available on site 24 hours a day. The medical and welfare tent is situated in the main arena should you have need of their services.
If you have prescribed medicine that you need to bring with you, please bring a copy of your prescription, your medication in its original packaging, make sure it’s labelled in the name of the ticket holder with a contact number, and you only bring enough for the duration of the festival. If your prescription is not for a well-known medicine please bring a doctor’s note to avoid any confusion on the gate searches.
If you have any specific medical needs like allergies etc please do bring your medical notes with you and make sure your group is aware so they can pass the information on to any medics. Any medical waste can be disposed of at the Medical Welfare tent in the main arena. If you need special storage or refrigeration, this can also be kept at the Medical Welfare tent. Please contact us in advance at email@example.com at and we can help you with your individual requirements”
The festival Samaritans are will also be on site situated in the MIDGARD campsite and are available 24 hours a day to chat to anyone who needs a friendly ear.
This year 1625 will be joining Bloodstock, working collaboratively with the on site Welfare service. 1625Outreach are a service local to Derbyshire who specialise in supporting festival goers in relation to drugs, alcohol & personal safety.1625 are available to provide…
• Free & confidential advice about drugs/alcohol.
• Harm reduction information & resources
• Assistance in accessing additional support on site & in the community.
• Free safety resources (drink spiking covers, condoms, etc)
.• A harm reduction &/or recovery centred safe space to chat.
They will be situated in the Midgard campsite next to Samaritans near the market and food traders. or you can drop them a message on Instagram (1625_Outreach). For more information go to: www.1625outreach.co.uk
Safety & Security
What to Bring
A hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rainwear, woolly jumper / fleece,– your ticket!
Check the weather before you set off so you know to bring your sunglasses and sunscreen if its hot or wellies and waterproofs if its wet. We may need to see proof of age if your lucky enough to look under 21 so don’t forget to bring I.D. Bring plenty of cash or credit cards (keep them safe!) if you wish to use the ATM machines and of course don’t forget to bring your festival ticket. There are plenty of market stalls and a campsite shop should you forget to bring anything else.
Do Not Bring
- Imitation firearms
- Bullet Belts
- Non ornamental knives
- Swords or weapons
- Glass Containers / Bottles
- Fireworks / Thunderflashes
- Gas Canisters
- Professional cameras (ones with interchangeable lenses) or one that looks professional.
- Video cameras
- Liquid Fuel for BBQ`s
Signing TentThe signing tent will enable you to meet many of your favourite artists appearing over the weekend personally. This is situated in the arena to the right of the main stage. So get your memorabilia at the ready for that all important signature and maybe a photo if you’re lucky. Signing times will be advertised the week before the festival and are always subject to change.
Charge Candy return to Bloodstock this year offering Phone charging and Storage facilitiesStore your important items, wallet, phone, car/house keys etc all weekend and know that you will be going home with everything you came with. No drama.Lockers measure - 15.5cm high x 15.5cm wide x 35cm deep Perfect for phones, wallets and valuablesBook your locker hire HERE PHONE CHARGINGUnlimited Charging for 4 days - Just drop off your phone whenever it needs charging or Collect/swap one full charger every day and get between 100-200% power daily. (Refundable deposit required to take away a charger)To book in advance or for more info click HERE
Filming at the FestivalBloodstock will have a film crew on site for the full weekend and has the right to film the event including the public for subsequent international television, radio, online and mobile distribution and the use of screen and television footage for promotional purposes.
Where to StayCatton Park is located close to the towns, Burton on Trent, Lichfield, Swadlincote and Tamworth. Each town is approximately 6 - 8 miles from the festival site.If you don’t wish to use the campsite then we suggest staying in one of these towns. The towns have many B&B’s Guest Houses and Hotels. If you are not driving then you can take advantage of the shuttle bus service from Tamworth railway station that will bring you to and from the festival site on Thursday and Monday - the shuttle bus service is not in operation on Friday, Saturday or Sunday, so you will need to book a taxi to and from the festival site on these days unless you drive. Please see Travel Info page for shuttle Bus times.Other places to look for accommodation can be found HERE .Alternatively, you can stay further afield in the surrounding bigger cities of Derby, Stoke, Coventry, Leicester or Birmingham. Each are about 20 - 25 miles from the festival site on Thursday and Monday - the shuttle bus service is not in operation on Saturday or Sunday, so you will need to book a taxi to and from the festival site on these days unless you drive.
DIRECT COACH TRAVEL
Ditch the train, transfers or the car and hassle of parking; Let Big Green Coach take you straight to the festival with a load of your metal brethren.
You can also secure your official, low-cost Bloodstock travel with only £10 deposit. Enjoy the entire festival without having to worry about your Monday morning journey – plus you will make friends, save money and go green!
You can get straight to the festival site from 34 locations around the UK - BOOK HERE
Useful ContactsNational Forest - www.visitnationalforest.co.uk
Burton on Trent Tourist Information - www.enjoystaffs.co.uk
Lichfield Tourist Infomration - www.visitlichfield.co.uk
Tamworth Tourist Information - www.visittamworth.co.uk
Derby Tourist Information - www.visitderby.co.uk
Preparing for a safe and fun festival experience - www.festivalsafe.com
The wonderful team at FESTAFF are taking applications from 1st April 2023 for all volunteers who would like to work a number of hours over the festival weekend in exchange for free ticket and free camping To Apply to work at Bloodstock go to : https://www.festaff.co.uk/applications